Blacknut and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in partnership with No.1 Digital Solutions Corporation announce launch of new premium service platform for game publishers in Japan.
Earlier this month, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure together with Blacknut Cloud gaming launched a new premium cloud gaming service platform for game publishers in Japan. Blacknut is an online, subscription-based game streaming service which allows up to 5 different, simultaneously-accessible player profiles. The 500+ premium video game-strong library is cloud-streamed and playable on any compatible, connected screen, allowing users to start playing on one device and continue later on another. Blacknut is compatible with mobile devices, smart TVs, tablets, and PC computers with options to connect up to four bluetooth controllers.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is an IaaS that delivers on-premise, high-performance computing power to run cloud-native and enterprise IT workloads. OCI provides a combination of Oracle's autonomous services, integrated security, and serverless computing to provide real-time flexibility for enterprise applications. The partnership also includes Digiterrace, a comprehensive support service for customer IT infrastructure issues, thanks to its existing partnership with Oracle and now available to Blacknut partnered publishers and their users.
The Blacknut-Oracle partnership means game publishers in Japan will now be able to enjoy all the benefits of cloud gaming through Blacknut, including but not limited to:
- High-quality gaming experience for users on a variety of devices without being affected by device specifications or required software/hardware purchases
- Reduction of risk for counterfeit/scam scenarios thanks to secured subscription accessible game catalog
- Reduction of distribution costs with no manufacturing or transportation costs for game consoles or software
- More convenient game distribution
- Higher users per server and reduced costs compared to other solution.
- Digiterrace by No.1 Digital Solutions Corporation and access to superior GPU performance related to graphics
Digiterrace service utilizes OCI to provide one-stop, comprehensive support for customers' IT infrastructure issues. The support includes options like advice on cloud operations, support for cloud construction and migration on behalf of customers, operational design, monitoring, and responses in case of failure with expert engineers on standby 24 hours day/7 days week/365 a year to provide system monitoring and operation services.
The three companies will work together to provide a high-value-added cloud game service platform for game publishers across Japan to ensure an optimal user experience.